Laura Krudener’s paintings question the impermanence of form while depicting a state of flux. Through various poured techniques and layered drawings, each layer of Krudener’s paintings is informed from the movement of the previous layer. Finding a suspended stillness in the motion of the paint, Krudener’s paintings become a meditation on movement, and the constant search for stillness. Krudener’s paintings are experimental, energetic, and bold. Each painting is its own laboratory into the macrocosm of the universe.
Laura Krudener received her MFA from the San Francisco Art Institute in 2009. Most recent solo exhibitions include Stillness Awakening (2016) and Forever Fading into Gray (2015) with Plus Gallery in Denver, Colorado. Her most recent mini-residency Poured Action Painting with the Denver Art Museum's Demonstration Series took place over two weekends this July and coincided with the museum's major summer exhibition Women of Abstract Expressionism. Laura has recently been featured in the September issue of ELLE magazine (2016), and Westword's 100 Colorado Creatives. Her work is collected in private homes in Colorado and New York, among others as well as several Colorado corporate private collections. Her largest painting to date "Forever Colliding" was acquired by the City of Denver for the permanent collection at the Colorado Convention Center. Laura paints in her studio in Denver's RiNo art district with her puppy Clover.
- Luxe Magazine Colorado. Spring 2013. Mysterious Ways, Taste Makers.
- Modern in Denver. Fall 2012. A Blank Canvas.
- 2009 MFA Painting, San Francisco Art Institute, San Francisco, California.
- 2004 BFA Painting, San Francisco Art Institute, San Francisco, California.
2016 Poured Action Painting, Denver Art Museum, Denver, Colorado.
2016 Stillness Awakening, Plus Gallery, Denver, Colorado.
2015 Forever Fading into Gray, Plus Gallery, Denver, Colorado.
2014 Standing on a Mystery, Plus Gallery, Denver, Colorado.
2013 Suspended Chaos, Plus Gallery, Denver, Colorado.
2010 New Paintings, Space Gallery, Denver, Colorado.
2016 Living with Contemporary Art, Plus Gallery, Denver, Colorado.
- 2015 New Very New, Plus Gallery, Denver, Colorado.
- 2014 An Introduction to Plus Gallery, Plus Gallery, Denver, Colorado.
- 2013 Abstraction, Republic Plaza, Denver, Colorado.
- 2012 Anniversary show, Space Gallery, Denver, Colorado.
- 2009 White Space, Design With Reach. Boulder, Colorado.
- Vernissage, Fort Mason Center, San Francisco, California.